We can help your school or service by supporting:
- Individual children,
- Groups and also
- Crisis support [e.g. for sudden death of a student or loss of a parent], together with
- Helping those Staff supporting young people who have experienced significant loss.
Our support is free for individual children living in Birmingham or attending a Birmingham school.
We can also offer support for those outside the area, at a small cost.
“Several children in school have seen BTH counsellors and we have been impressed with the professionalism shown by the counsellors. The work undertaken has led to improved behaviour in school. We would be happy for BTH to have further involvement with our pupils, if and when required.”
A college who uses our service.
We offer a range of training including workshops such as:
- Understanding the impact of grief and loss on children and young people,
- Counselling children and young people with an ASD,
- Teenage grief,
- Not too young to grieve and
- Basic counselling skills.